Legacies of War
- Start date: 1 September 2014
- End date: 31 December 2018
- Funder: Internally funded
- Co-investigators: Simon Ball, Dr Claudia Sternberg, Professor Jessica Meyer
- External co-investigators: Gareth Dant, Cate Walker, Lucy Moore
Partners and collaborators
Gateways to the First World War (University of Kent), Wellcome Trust, Leeds Museums and Galleries, The Yorkshire Post, Yorkshire Evening Post
Members of the Legacies of War project are participating in and helping to coordinate a series of events and activities that are taking place across Leeds in 2014-18 in theatres, cinemas, museums, galleries and at the University. These events commemorate and explore different histories of the First World War, and examine its multiple historical, cultural and social legacies. There is a exciting and varied programme of events that responds to widespread public interest in this crucial period of our history.
The research and activities are structured around five strands: Yorkshire and the Great War, Culture and the Arts, Science and Technology, War and Medicine and War and Resistance.