Speech production and perception
A research area within the School of Languages, Cultures and Societies
- Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Cultures
- School of Languages, Cultures and Societies
- Research and innovation
- Linguistics and Translation
- Speech production and perception
Speech production and perception research
Our speech production and perception research focuses on the following themes:
- Consonant articulation (especially in Arabic and Modern South Arabian)
- Consonant clusters and vowel epenthesis
- Speech tempo
- Phonetic reduction patterns
- Phonation and glottal states
- Sociophonetic variation in production and perception
- L2 and bilingual speech production and perception
We are active members of the Language at Leeds research hub.
Our research facilities are located in the Human Communications Lab.
Discover our internationally-renowned academic staff and subject specialists who lead our research.More on Our expertise
Our research is often collaborative and has an international impact. Explore the outcomes of our past and present research projects associated with speech production and perception.More on Research projects
Find out more about our postgraduate researchers and their projects and placements.More on Postgraduate researchers
Language at Leeds
Language at Leeds brings together professionals within the University involved in the study of language, connecting individuals and groups to support research across various disciplines. The central tenet of the centre is an interdisciplinary approach to addressing and understanding issues relating to language, linguistics and communication.