Dr Gisela Tomé Lourido
- Position: Lecturer in Sociophonetics
- Areas of expertise: sociophonetics; bilingualism; speech perception; L2 speech learning; acquisition of sociophonetic variation; Galician phonetics
- Email: G.TomeLourido@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 3222
- Location: B14 Michael Sadler Building
- Website: | Googlescholar | Researchgate | ORCID
I joined the Universtiy of Leeds in 2017 after completing an MA in Phonetics and a PhD in Speech, Hearing and Phonetic Sciences at University College London (UCL). Before specialising in Phonetics I obtained an undergraduate degree in English Studies (Filoloxía Inglesa) and an MA in Education (Mestrado Universitario de Profesorado) at Universidade da Coruña, in Galicia.
- Admissions Tutor for Linguistics and Phonetics
My research interests are in accent variation in speech perception and production in bilingual and monolingual populations. I have mainly worked on Galician and English.
My current research uses eye-tracking and other behavioural methods to investigate how accent variation affects speech processing.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://ahc.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
I teach modules in phonetics and sociophonetics on our undergraduate and MA programmes.