We offer dedicated careers advice and organise regular careers events for our students of modern languages, cultures and linguistics.
Our graduates go on to work in a wide variety of sectors including:
- translation and interpreting
- media and journalism
- commerce and management
- foreign diplomacy
- the Civil Service
- charitable organisations and NGOs
- as well as in international organisations such as the United Nations.
A Masters degree can really help you to stand out in today’s competitive job market. Our award-winning careers centre is on hand to support you from day one, with a variety of support including:
- career guidance appointments
- support with your CV
- interview advice and practise
- careers fairs and employer presentations
- access to a vacancy database advertising local, national and global vacancies.
You will also have access to the Leeds Network - an online careers networking tool where you can find out about career opportunities from our alumni across the globe.
Lifelong Learning Centre
<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xinQLfWq-kY?list=PLPooB6Qr1ayF8gOA4XIpGAwXUYjNaYXfd" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
The Lifelong Learning Centre provides support for mature and part-time learners across the University, including advice on how to apply to university and support throughout your studies.