All of our BA French students spend their third year abroad either studying at a partner institution or gaining practical work experience.
When studying abroad, you'll discover a new culture, develop your knowledge and skills, improve your French language skills, and make yourself stand out from your peers in the job market.
How we support you
You'll have access to support and advice before, during and after your study abroad year.
In your first and second year you’ll be able to network with returning students for first-hand advice about living in France, have meetings with the Residence Abroad team and access to online information before you relocate to France.
We’ll be in touch with you during your year abroad and you’ll have support at your host university too.
On your return, we’ll ask you to share your experiences and make the most of your new and improved skills and experience.
You will study the equivalent of your course or take an intensive language course for learners of French. Our partner universities include:
- Université Paul-Valéry Montpellier III
- Université de Lorraine (Metz)
- Université Clermont Auvergne (Clermont-Ferrand)
- Université Lille 3 Charles-de-Gaulle
- Université Paris 8 Vincennes-Saint-Denis
- Université Sorbonne Nouvelle Paris 3
- Université Jean Moulin Lyon 3
- Université d'Orléans
- Université Bordeaux Montaigne
- Montpellier IEFE
- Université de Montréal
- Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières
- Alliance Française Bordeaux