- UK/EU/International: Worldwide (International, UK and EU)
- Type of project: Funding schemes
- Number of awards: -
- Deadline: -
- Project description:
There are a number of scholarship and funding opportunities that you may be eligible to apply for.
School-specific opportunities will be published here in Autumn 2018. In the meantime, search the University's scholarship database.
Postgraduate Doctoral Loan
The government-backed loan can help contribute towards course fees and living costs while you study. To qualify for a Postgraduate Doctoral Loan you must meet all of the eligibility criteria and if you are approved for the Loan you do not need to pay your fees up front.
Leeds Doctoral Scholarships
The awards will cover fees plus a maintenance grant and are open to UK/EU and international applicants. Applications for the scholarships usually open in December.
AHC Faculty Interdisciplinary Research Scholarships
These scholarships will be awarded to postgraduate research proposals that clearly cross two Schools within the Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Cultures. The awards will cover the cost of academic fees, plus a maintenance grant. The level of funding for part-time awards will be pro-rata. Information for 2019 to be available soon.
The White Rose College of the Arts & Humanities Competition Studentships
The White Rose College of the Arts & Humanities (WRoCAH) is a Doctoral Training Partnership of the Universities of Leeds, Sheffield and York. It is responsible for the distribution of AHRC-funded doctoral studentships for these universities and for the coordination of a doctoral training programme.
If you are a former student of the University of Leeds you may be eligible for a 10% alumni tuition fee bursary.
Other scholarship opportunities:
- Commonwealth PhD scholarships - Funded by the UK Department of Education, these scholarships support excellence in UK higher education and sustain the principles of the Commonwealth.
- British Council - international students only.
- The Leverhulme Trust
- Economic and Social Research Council
- National Endowment for Science, Technology and the Arts (nesta)
- Funds for Women Graduates
School of Philosophy, Religion and History of Science opportunities