- Start date: September 2014
- End date: 2016
- Funder: Arts and Humanities Research Council
- Primary investigator: Dr Alex McLean
- Co-investigators: Dr Ellen Harlizius-Klück, Dr Kia Ng
- External co-investigators: Mr Leslie Downs, Ms Emma Cocker, Mr Dave Griffiths
Partners and collaborators
The Danish National Research Foundation’s Centre for Textile Research at University of Copenhagen, Aarhus University, Museum of Casts of Classical Statues in Munich
Live coding research in craft and in new social and pedagogic contexts, and developing research into the mathematics of weaving with key impacts realised in public understanding of ancient technologies.
Our explorations include creating a programming language designed for describing the complex patterned structures of woven threads, and using it to drive computer-controlled looms.