PLACE Research Group
The School of Performance and Cultural Industries ‘Place’ Research Group investigates the dynamic interactions between culture, people and places.
The group is interested in how places and environments impact cultural activity and performance, for example in how the work of artists and audiences is informed by place, using qualitative and creative approaches to understand how culture is valued in particular places and communities and analysing how policy shapes (and is potentially shaped by) place and local ecologies.
Our research themes include:
- Sensorial engagement with environments
- Transformation/contestation of place
- Creative methods for place-based research
- Play and spatial politics/playful city
- Cultural policy and place
- Local ecologies of art and entrepreneurship
|Yaron Shyldkrot||Dani Abulhawa||Alison Andrews||Stephen Dobson|
||Leila Jancovich||Philip Kiszely||Joslin McKinney (PLACE co-convenor)
|Scott Palmer||Jonathan Pitches||Jonathan Ward||John Wright (PLACE co-convenor)|
|PGR Members||Alice Chandler (PLACE PGR rep)||Yaxin Luo||Kate Morton|
|Ava Podgorski||Tirna Sengupta||Benjamin Skinner||Kearn Williams|