German language has been taught at the University of Leeds since the institution formally came into existence in 1904.
We offer supervision in a range of areas, with a particular focus:
- German-language literature
- politics in the twentieth and twenty-first centuries.
Our particular strengths include:
- queer studies
- border studies
- comparative memory
- Holocaust Studies
- the First World War and its aftermath
- crime fiction
- science fiction and utopian fiction and film
- contemporary film
- contemporary fiction
- world literatures and world cinemas
- literary networks and cultural industries.