- Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Cultures
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
Equality and Inclusion in the Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Cultures
We are actively working to create resources, policies and conversations that support our equality and inclusion agenda. The Deputy Dean Kate Nash is the Faculty’s Lead for Equality and Inclusion.
School Leads for Equality and Inclusion:
- Design: Dr Catherine Stones
- English: Dr Alison Searle
- Fine Art, History of Art and Cultural Studies: Dr Helen Graham
- History: Dr Peter Anderson
- Languages, Cultures and Socieites: Dr Rasha Soliman
- Media and Communication: Dr Julie Firmstone
- Music and Performance and Cultural Industries: Dr Johnathan Price
- Philosophy, Religion and History of Science: Dr Tasia Scrutton
We are working on a number of initiatives that reflect Faculty priorities. These include: working groups on race equality and an application for a Bronze Athena Swan Award. As part of this work, we have undertaken research into the impacts of Covid-19 on academic and professional colleagues and made recommendations to support recovery from the pandemic.
You can find out more about current projects here. We also welcome suggestions for new projects and for cross-faculty collaboration. To propose a project or find out more about our work contact Kate Nash, Equality and Inclusion Lead.
Student Advisory Board
The Student Advisory Board (SAB) is a group of 12 undergraduate and taught postgraduate students from Schools across the Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Cultures who can speak from their own experience to make a positive impact on equality and inclusivity in student education and experience.
Faculty Equality and Inclusion Committee
The Faculty Equality and Inclusion Committee provides oversight of our equality and inclusion work. Chaired by the Deputy Dean the Committee is made up of student, staff and postgraduate representatives. Find out more.