Funding and scholarships

Student working on a laptop.

You may be eligible for a number of scholarships that are offered by the University. Some of the scholarships can be applied for before starting with us and others are for current students.

Leeds Scholarships

These means-tested scholarships (based on household income) are for UK undergraduates and are available thanks to the generous support from alumni and other organisations. 

Information including full eligibility criteria, and details on how to apply is available on the University's scholarship pages.  


All new UK/EU undergraduate students are eligible to apply for a Government loan to cover the cost of tuition fees and support towards living expenses, what you are eligible to apply for varies depending on your personal circumstances and your home country.

Students from the US or Canada can apply for loans (see below).

Sports Scholarships

Sports Scholarships ensure our athletes are able to compete at the highest level, whilst studying at the University. 

Enterprise Scholarships

Once you've started your degree you can apply for an Enterprise Scholarship to support the development of your own business. 

Sanctuary Scholarships

We are pleased to offer scholarships for forced migrants to the UK. The Sanctuary Scholarship is open to people who wish to study any undergraduate, postgraduate or research degree.

Laidlaw Scholarships

There are 25 annual Laidlaw Scholarships that provide funding to allow you to develop leadership and research skills through a range of personal development activities and two six-week periods of project work throughout your time at Leeds.

You can find out more about general financial support for undergraduates, including funding opportunities and scholarship provision, on the University’s website.

Other funding opportunities

Funding for United States students

Federal and private loans are available for eligible undergraduate students from the US.

Canadian student funding

Two types of loans are available to students from Canada, with eligibility depending on where you live.