Our international reputation
- 9th in the UK for English (The Complete University Guide 2023)
- Top 10 most targeted UK university graduate employers (The Graduate Market Report 2023, High Fliers Research)
- 31st in the world for English Language & Literature (QS World Rankings by Subject 2023)
- 44th in the world for Arts and Humanities (QS World Rankings by Subject 2023)
- 35th most international university in the world (Times Higher Education ranking 2020)
- We achieved a gold rating in the Teaching Excellence Framework, the highest award possible
- We were named University of the Year by The Times and The Sunday Times' Good University Guide 2017
- We're ranked as a world top 100 university (QS World University Rankings 2022)
Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2021
Every six years, the UK’s four higher education funding bodies undertake an exercise to measure the quality of research undertaken by UK higher education institutions.
According to the Research Excellence Framework 2021:
- 100% of submitted impact case study work is "world-leading" or "internationally excellent", of which 88% was scored as "world-leading".
- 100% of submitted research environment activity is "world-leading" or "internationally excellent"
- 92% of submitted outputs are rated as "world-leading" or "internationally excellent".
Lilli Chung BA English Literature and Theatre Studies (International)
Leeds has a great reputation both nationally and internationally, which makes me confident when looking for further study and career options. I know I’ve gained and developed many skills, so I have a wide range of fields I can consider.View Profile