- 21st in the UK for English (The Complete University Guide 2020)
- Ranked 13th in the Times Good University Guide 2020
- Top 10 most targeted by UK employers (The Graduate Market 2019)
- 7th most targeted university by top UK employers (High Fliers Report 2020)
- 86% overall student satisfaction in the National Student Survey 2019
- 34th in the world for English Language & Literature (QS World Rankings by Subject 2019).
- Recently climbed 20 places to be 67th in the world for Arts and Humanities (World University Rankings 2020)
- We achieved a gold rating in the Teaching Excellence Framework, the highest award possible
- We were named University of the Year 2017 by The Times and The Sunday Times' Good University Guide
- We're ranked as a world top 100 university (QS World University Rankings 2020)
Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014
Every six years, the UK’s four higher education funding bodies undertake an exercise to measure the quality of research undertaken by UK higher education institutions.
According to the Research Excellence Framework 2014:
- The University of Leeds is ranked 10th place for research power
- Over 80% of our research has a top-quality rating of either “world-leading” or “internationally excellent.”