Language and Nature: Fourth workshop on Endangered Languages
A one day workshop on Language and Nature.
9.20 Introduction to workshop: Janet Watson, Jon Lovett & Diane Nelson
- Diane Nelson, University of Leeds: Meadow Mari
- Jon Lovett, University of Leeds & Deryn Rees-Jones, University of Liverpool: Story telling and complex adaptive systems
- Janet C.E. Watson, University of Leeds & Leonid Kogan, National Research University, Moscow: What’s the time? Natural measurement of time in Modern South Arabian
- James Dickins, University of Leeds: Yemen today
- Shahina Ghazanfar, Royal Botanical Gardens, Kew; Erik Anonby, Carleton University,Canada; Yusuf Ali Muhammad al-Kumzari; Christina van der Wal Anonby, Leiden University; Ahmad Hassan Ali Salim al-Kumzari; Hasan Suleyman Muhammad alKumzari; Suleyman Muhammad al-Kumzari: Plants and plant names in Kumzari and Arabic of the Musandam Peninsula, Oman
- Marine Beridze, Tbilisi State University; Lia Bakuradze, Tbilisi State University; Zakharia Pourtskhvanidze, Goethe University Frankfurt: A Georgian Language Island in Iran
- Rusudan Gersamia, Ilia State University; Sophiko Daraselia, University of Leeds: Laz in Georgia and Turkey: Past and Present
13.00 – 14.00 LUNCH
14.00 – 14.30
- Alice Rudge, British Library, London: Language and Nature in Batek, a Northern Aslian language, of the Austroasiatic family
- 14.30–17.30 Clothworkers North Building LT (Cinema) (2.31) Film and discussion with introduction by Professor Friederike Lüpke, SOAS, London
17.30–17.40 Announcement of Centre for Endangered Languages, Cultures and Ecosystems: Janet Watson, Jon Lovett, Thea Pitman, Diane Nelson.
17.40–19.00 Summary discussion followed by wine reception, LHRI