We have a range of funding available to support you in funding your postgraduate study. You can find out more about the full range of funding opportunities currently available through our dedicated scholarships database.
Popular sources of funding for our PhD students include:
- WRoCAH Arts and Humanities Research Council Open Competition and Collaborative Doctoral Award Studentships
- Leeds Doctoral Scholarship
- China Scholarship Council – University of Leeds Scholarships 2020
- Joseph Wright Scholarship (German)
- Sasakawa Postgraduate Studentships in Japanese
- Cowdray Scholarship for MA by Research Degree Study in Spanish, Portugese and Latin American Studies
For up to date information on the Scholarships, and how to apply, please visit the funding opportunities database.
If you are a former undergraduate student of the University of Leeds, you may be eligible for our 10% alumni tuition fee bursary.
Other external funding sources
Postgraduate Doctoral Loan
If you start a postgraduate doctoral course you may be able to apply for a government-backed loan.
Our postgraduate research fees are set independently and reviewed on an annual basis. For the latest information, visit the University’s PhD fees website.