The University offers a range of Masters funding to help support you during your time studying with us.
Within our School we also have a number of generous awards and scholarships designed to reward academic excellence.
Before you apply for any funding, you'll need to have applied to your chosen course. You can apply for more than one funding opportunity, but may have to choose which ones to accept if your applications are successful.
- School of History and Institute for Medieval Studies Scholarships (available to students from all countries/regions)
Other funding sources
History postgraduates are often eligible to apply for funding from external sources, popular options include :
- The Yorkshire Ladies' Council of Education Awards Funds
- Chevening Scholarships
- USDVA Funding
- US Fulbright Awards
- US Marshall Scholarships
The Alumni Bursary offers a 10% reduction in tuition fees to University of Leeds graduates. This reduction only applies to the self-funded portion of your tuition fees (i.e. anything not paid by other awards, scholarships, or funding).
- Leeds Masters Scholarships to support students from under-represented groups
- Enterprise Scholarships to support aspiring entrepreneurs
- Sport Scholarships to support elite athletes
- Sanctuary Scholarships to support forced migrants to the UK
Find out more about more about funding and search our scholarships database. If you're a UK or EU national applying for a Masters or Masters by Research course, you may also be eligible for a government-funded Postgraduate Loan.
Jessica Hollis MA War and Strategy
The course is very flexible and can be tailored to your interests, which gives you the freedom to get as much out of the course as you want.View Profile