- Email: email@example.com
- Thesis title: Evaluating Cities of Culture
- Supervisors: Professor Ben Walmsley, Professor Leila Jancovich
I am excited to be joining the PGR community in the School of Performance & Cultural Industries at the University of Leeds. My current research project, 'Evaluating Cities of Culture’, explores the impacts of LEEDS 2023, the city’s dedicated year of culture. Through an in-depth case study of the year-long cultural programme I will examine the policy, management and methodological issues involved in capturing the value and impact of a city of culture programme. My research is funded by a Scholarship from Leeds University, School of Performance & Cultural Industries.
Outside of my PGR activity, I am a trustee for Mahogany Opera, and also work for Opera North within their Education Department.
- Strategic arts management and evaluation
- Cultural policy
- Access, equality, diversity and inclusion in the Creative Industries
- Music education
- Entrepreneurship Education in the Creative Industries
- Opera and music/theatre
- MusM Musicology from University of Manchester
- MusB (hons) Music from University of Manchester