Dr Emma Trott
- Position: Research Fellow in Contemporary Poetics
- Areas of expertise: Ecopoetry; contemporary poetics; environmental humanities; critical plant studies; new materialisms; medical humanities; metaphor in medicine; heart disease in poetry
- Email: E.J.G.Trott@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 0110
- Location: 6.1.06 6 Cavendish Road
My PhD thesis (undertaken at Leeds) explored the relationship between creativity and the environment in the poetry of Jon Silkin and Simon Armitage in the context of a world in crisis.
I am working on a project that analyses contemporary poetry in the context of discussions about metaphors used in medicine, and on a project exploring changes in sensory experience in restored peatlands.
I am involved with the Leeds Poetry Centre, and am a member of the School of English Environmental Humanities Research Group.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://ahc.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- PhD in the School of English, University of Leeds
- MA Modern and Contemporary Literature, University of Leeds
- BA English Language and Literature (European), University of Leeds
I teach undergraduate modules, primarily on contemporary literature, literature and the environment, poetry and romantic literature, and supervise final year projects.
Research groups and institutes
- Environmental Humanities Research Group