Dr Heather Logue
- Position: Associate Professor in Philosophy and Director of Research and Innovation
- Areas of expertise: philosophy of mind; metaphysics; epistemology; feminist philosophy
- Email: H.A.Logue@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 4607
- Location: G.16 Michael Sadler
I completed a BPhil in philosophy with a certificate in women's studies at the University of Pittsburgh in 2003. I joined the department in 2009 after completing my PhD at MIT, and I was promoted to Associate Professor in 2016.
- Director of Research and Innovation
My research interests lie mostly in philosophy of mind, focusing on metaphysical, epistemological, and methodological questions related to perception. I also have an ongoing project about the metaphysics of gender.
Selected recent publications
- “Gender Fictionalism”, Ergo, 2022.
- Purpose and Procedure in Philosophy of Perception (co-edited with Louise Richardson), OUP, 2021.
- "World in Mind: Extending Phenomenal Character and Resisting Skepticism", In the Light of Experience: Essays on Reasons and Perception, eds. Johan Gersel, Morten Sorensen Thaning, and Rasmus Thybo Jensen. OUP, 2018.
- "Can We Experience Aesthetic Properties?" Evaluative Perception, Eds. Anna Bergqvist and Robert Cowan. OUP, 2018.
- "Perception First?" Knowledge First Approaches to Epistemology and Mind, eds. J. Adam Carter, Emma C. Gordon, and Benjamin Jarvis. OUP, 2017.
Further examples of publications are available on my PhilPeople and Academia profiles.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://ahc.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- PhD Philosophy
- BPhil Philosophy
- Certificate in Women's Studies
I regularly teach modules on feminist philosophy, epistemology, and philosophy of mind.
Research groups and institutes
- Centre for Metaphysics and Mind