<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ego9WTcl8vA" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Top employers are looking for graduates who go further during their time at university.
In the School of Performance and Cultural Industries we're committed to increasing your employability and career prospects. We offer a range of opportunities for you to develop the skills and experience that will boost your CV and make you stand out from the crowd.
Reach your potential at Leeds
Meet employers - we run a range of workshops and employer-led events, giving you valuable insight into how to stand out in the graduate employment market. You'll have the opportunity to attend Professional Perspectives, a series of talks by leading figures in the cultural industries, hosted by the School of Performance and Cultural Industries in association with the Cultural Institute. Previous figures have included:
- CJ Mitchell – Live Art Development Agency (LADA)
- Wieke Eringa – Yorkshire Dance
- Kully Thiarai – Leeds 2023
- Robb Barham – Hyde Park Picture House
- Amy Letman – Transform Festival
- Jessica Holtaway – Book Launch
- Sarah Hunter – Producer, Quarantine
- Mosa Mpetha - Tutti Fruiti Productions & Black Cinema Project
- Alice Saville - Exeunt Magazine
- Join our research community – Postgraduate students are also invited to attend the School's Research Seminar Series hosted by researchers, guest speakers and visitors from outside the School. This is an opportunity for all postgraduate students in our School to attend and contribute to the research culture of the School. There are also many other specialised, interdisciplinary and cross-Faculty research seminars run by our postgraduate students and staff.
- The University of Leeds Student Careers - you will also have access to the University’s award-winning Careers Service - one of the largest in the country, which includes access to My-Career - an online resource and database of thousands of internships and graduate vacancies.
Other ways to enhance your skills – Leeds University Union has over 300 student-led clubs and societies, where you can develop valuable skills and broaden your life experience. You can also enhance your academic learning and work-related skills through participation in our Peer Assisted Study Scheme (PASS), by becoming a course representative or ambassador, undertaking a research summer project or joining a volunteering scheme.
Further study – Many of our graduates go on to postgraduate study, either here at Leeds or elsewhere. Our School is home to a thriving research student community and supervisors with an extensive range of specialisms, making it the ideal place to study for your PhD.
Students at the University of Leeds are the UK’s 6th most targeted by leading employers.
— High Fliers Report 2023
Our graduates have achieved great success in sectors as varied as education, publishing, law, journalism, the media, the creative arts, event management, and social work. Recent graduate destinations include ITV Television, Freemantle Media, Leeds Playhouse.
Lifelong Learning Centre
<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xinQLfWq-kY?list=PLPooB6Qr1ayF8gOA4XIpGAwXUYjNaYXfd" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
The Lifelong Learning Centre provides support for mature and part-time learners across the University, including advice on how to apply to university and support throughout your studies.
Kate Barkley MA Applied Theatre and Intervention
Several external companies visited the School to give taster sessions of their workshop techniques, which was invaluable for developing my skills and understanding the different ways in which these companies operate. Work placements also provided a fantastic way to immerse myself in the creative industries and practise my own methods in a professional setting.View Profile