Dr Chris Norton
- Position: Teaching Fellow in Psycholinguistics
- Email: C.Norton@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 8987
- Location: B.15 Michael Sadler
I completed an MA in Linguistics and English Language Teaching at the University of Leeds in 2012, followed by a PhD in Psycholinguistics at Leeds in 2018. Since 2012 I have taught on various modules as an undergraduate tutor in Linguistics and Phonetics, and as a postgraduate tutor in the Language Centre. In 2018 I started working as a Teaching Fellow in Psycholinguistics.
I have been working as Language at Leeds Technical Research Assistant since 2014. In this position I provide programming support across the university to academic staff and postgraduate students working on language.
- Language at Leeds Technical Research Assistant
Within the area of psycholinguistics, I am interested in visual word recognition, processing of information structure during reading, and eye tracking.
I am also interested in data science, particularly in advancing student and staff skills within technologies such as Python, R, Git and the Unix shell.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://ahc.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- PhD in Psycholinguistics; University of Leeds
- MA in Linguistics and English Language Teaching; University of Leeds
- BA in English and Related Literature; University of York
I teach undergraduate modules related to psycholinguistics, run introductory linguistics tutorials, and am also involved in teaching and supervision for linguistics dissertations.
Research groups and institutes
- Language at Leeds