Jemma Louise Stafford
Attended SOAS University of London (2016–2020) studying BA Chinese language and literature, concluding in a dissertation undertaken evaluating the use of Romance of the Three Kingdoms as a recurring theme in Chinese videogames.
Attained MA degree in Chinese-English Translation at University of Bristol, supervised by Ms Daisy Darke with assistance from Dr Xiaochun Zhang. Concluding dissertation provided new knowledge on the practices and attitudes of translators in the ZH-EN Videogame translation field.
Attended Beijing Normal University, Peking University and Beijing Language and Culture University courses, both in person and online.
Primary research interests lay in the translation of Chinese-made videogames into English (ZH-EN). This includes:
- Reception of English-language players to translated Chinese games,
- Approaches of Chinese developers to the translation and localisation of their games,
- Usage of regional Chinese dialects and minority languages in videogames.
- Buddhist poetry in videogame settings
- Chinese Modern and Classical BA (Hons)
- Chinese-English Translation MA