- Email: email@example.com
- Thesis title: Breaking the fifth wall: The role of the translator in British and American staged productions of Mikhail Bulgakov's work.
- Supervisors: Dr Caroline Summers, Professor Jacob Blakesley
I completed my undergraduate degree in German and Russian at the University of St Andrews in 2018 and worked as an EFL teacher in Moscow for a year, before commencing my MA in Translation Studies at Durham University in 2019. My MA dissertation examined the benefits of applying a sociolinguistic approach to the translation of Mikhail Bulgakov’s Beg (Flight). In 2021, following on from my MA dissertation, I commenced work on my doctoral research, focusing on the role of the translator in British and American staged productions of Bulgakov’s work.
Alongside my academic research, I work as a freelance translator, specialising in business, legal and medical translation from German and Russian into English.
- translation studies
- theatre studies
- comparative literature
- Russian and Slavonic studies
- German studies
- MA(Hons) German and Russian, University of St Andrews (2018)
- MA Translation Studies, Durham University (2020)
Research groups and institutes
- Centre for World Literatures