Ms. SONG Meihua
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Supervisor: Professor Binhua Wang, Dr. Bogdan Babych, Dr. Tim Thurston
Assoicate Professor of translation studies from Southwest Jiaotong University, currently a PGR with the University of Leeds
Supervisor of MA and MTI students (2015.09-2018.09)
Freelance translator of English
Born in Liao Ning province, China, earned a Bachelor of Arts in English at Southwest Jiaotong University and a Master of Arts in Foreign Linguistics and Applied Linguistics at the same university; was an exchange visiting scholar with State University of New York at Binghamton from Jan. 2008 to Jan. 2009 and an academic visitor from Dec. 2016 to Dec. 2017 with School of Arts, Languages and Cultures, University of Manchester, UK.
I have published refereed CSSCI/Core journals such as Foreign Language World, Modern Literary Magazine , and Chinese Translators Journal, and ISSHP journal such as Proceedings of the 49th Annual Conference of American Translators Association and so on. She is co-editor of Writing and Reading for College English Band 4 published by Tsinghua University Publishing House in 2006 and chief editor of English for Travel published by Chongqing University Press in 2008/2013. I have co-translated with an American sinologist Markus C. Conley the book by a well-known contemporary Chinese Tibetological writer Ma Lihua. The book was published by OSTASIEN Verlag, Germany, in 2017.
(1) translation studies and medio-translatology
(2) translation teaching and foreign language teaching
Teaching Commitments between July 1996 and September 2018 at my home university, Southwest Jiaotong University, Chengdu, China
(1) undergraduate-level courses: Approaching Translators and Translations; Intercultural Communication; Introduction to Chinese Culture (bilingually given)
(2) postgraduate-level courses: Introduction to Translation Studies; Contrastive Linguistics and Translation between Chinese and English