- Email: email@example.com
- Thesis title: Readers’ Reception to Chinese Martial Arts Fictions --- A Case Study on Legends of the Condor Heroes, the English Translation of Louis Cha’s Shediao Yingxiong Zhuan
- Supervisor: Dr David Pattinson, Dr Sarah Dodd
Upon the completion of the bachelor degree in English in China, I came to the Unversity of Leeds to study for the MA degree programme in 2015. From 2015 to 2017, I completed two MA degree programmes in the University of Leeds, one is MA Professional Language and Intercultural Studies and the other is MA Applied Translation Studies. In 2018, I decided to come back to the University of Leeds to start my PhD study in translation studies.
My research is focused on the readers' reception to the latest English translation of Shediao Yingxiong Zhuan, a Chinese martial arts fiction written by a famous Chinese martial arts novelist Louis Cha, who is better known as his pen name, Jin Yong. Compared to his huge popularity in China and other Chinese-speaking areas, Louis Cha is much less known in the English-speaking world. Therefore, the focus of this research is to find out how the western readers respond to Legends of the Condor Heroes, the latest English translation of the Chinese fiction, and explore what factors can influence readers’ reception.
- MA Applied Translation Studies
- MA Professional Language and Intercultural Studies
- BA English Literature
Research groups and institutes
- Centre for World Literatures