Postgraduate music courses
We know that many people are understandably anxious about the current Coronavirus outbreak, and we are taking further measures to address your concerns, to protect your health and wellbeing, and to ensure that learning can continue.
Please visit our Coronavirus website for the latest updates and information.
Postgraduate courses in the School of Music
- Learn from experts in their field in a musically diverse city.
- With full and part-time courses available, you could fit CPD study around your existing role.
- Expand and build on your existing knowledge in a welcoming and supportive environment.
- Join a close-knit, creative community of students and academics.
- Enjoy a huge programme of events and activities outside your studies.
We work with many organisations including Opera North, leading music therapy charity Nordoff Robins, and the Leeds International Piano Competition to deliver interesting and exciting events and opportunities for students, staff and the public.
We also work with other universities and colleges, such as the Royal Northern College of Music, collaborating and promoting the benefits of studying music.
Leeds has rich musical heritage. Our city plays host to large international competitions, huge festivals and small intimate gigs, with genres spanning classical and opera through to rock and pop. Leeds has a history of iconic performances and many great acts have studied here.
Well-known alumni include members of Snarky Puppy, Alt-J, Little Boots, Corinne Bailey Rae, and members of Gang of Four, The Wedding Present, Bastille, The Mekons, Sisters of Mercy and the Kaiser Chiefs.
Careers and employability
A Masters degree in Music will equip you with the skills for the next step in your career.
5th in UK
Complete University Guide by subject 2023