If you decide to undertake a practice-led PhD with us, you will have the opportunity to show your work as part of your final submission in the form of an exhibition or performance.
You will have access to our dedicated exhibition venue, Project Space, to support the promotion of your work to audiences from across the University and further afield. Alternatively, you may choose to showcase your work in one of the many other venues across the city, particularly if you are working collaboratively with one of our cultural partners.
Some recent examples of exhibitions include:
- Patrick Ward ― Basic Photography
- Tom Beesley ― Sifting Defunct Modernity
- Bethan Hughes ― Bodies of Water
- Asel Kadyrkhanova ― Windows of Tolerance
- Sarah Kate Wilson ― Wrapped
- Louise Atkinson ― Souvenirs from the British Isles
Research students in the School have also curated exhibitions in our spaces and led educational engagement activities such as:
- A Feminist Space at Leeds: Looking Back to Think Forward
- Art School for Rebel Girls