Dr Elizabeth Ellis
- Position: Interim IDEA Centre Director
- Areas of expertise: Business Ethics; Professional Ethics; Applied Ethics; Political Philosophy; Ethics of Tax Avoidance; Ethics of Economic Sanctions
- Email: E.A.Ellis@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 8230
- Location: 1.12 17 Blenheim Terrace
I joined the IDEA Centre in September 2012 after completing my PhD in Applied Ethics at Edinburgh University.
Before returning to education, I trained as an accountant and auditor and worked for Deloitte for seven years. I am a chartered accountant (FCA).
I am interested in all areas of applied ethics but my particular topics of focus are the ethics of tax avoidance and the ethics of economic sanctions.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://ahc.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- PhD in Applied Ethics
- MSc Philosophy (with specialisation in ethics)
- BSc (Joint Hons) Philosophy and Physics
- University of Leeds Teaching Accreditation (ULTA 2)
- Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
Within the university I teach several modules on business and professional ethics at both undergraduate and postgraduate level. I also supervise Masters dissertations and PhD theses.
Outside of the university I provide ethics consulting and ethics training services to professional bodies and other organisations.
Research groups and institutes
- Ethics, Culture and Decision-Making
- Professional Ethics