Centre for Translation Studies (CTS) at the European Parliament
Dr Alina Secară represents CTS at the International Annual Meeting on Language Arrangements, Documentation and Publications.
In April 2019, Dr Alina Secară represented the University of Leeds' Centre for Translation Studies at the at the IAMLADP UCG (International Annual Meeting on Language Arrangements, Documentation and Publications Universities Contact Group) Working Group annual meeting held at the European Parliament.
The meeting was attended by Heads of Units from several European Union and United Nations institutions (International Organisations / IOs) including:
- European Union Directorate-General for Translation (EU DGT)
- European Union Directorate-General for Interpretation (EU SCIC)
- European Parliament (EP)
- European Commission (EC)
- Centre de Traduction (CdT)
- World Trade Organization (WTO)
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- United Nations Office at Vienna (UNOV)
- United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG)
- World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
- European Court of Justice (ECJ)
And nine universities from:
The IAMLADP UCG mandate is to support joint IO / university activities so to raise awareness of language professions and career options for language professionals in international organisations. This covers a wide range of languages, taking into account identified shortages and succession planning issues. It also collects examples of training opportunities, exchanges expertise and research findings, and organises and reports on specific joint IO / university training activities.
Dr Alina Secară (centre row, fourth from left) at the European Parliament