Dr Nick Jones
- Position: Lecturer
- Areas of expertise: History of Western Philosophy, especially Descartes, Locke, Berkeley, Leibniz, Hume, Kant, Schopenhauer, Nietzsche
- Email: N.O.Jones@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 3390
- Location: G.22 Michael Sadler Building
I completed my PhD (on the philosophy of George Berkeley) at the University of Leeds in 2005. I have been employed as a member of academic staff by the University of Leeds since 2004, in the first instance as a Teaching and Administrative Assistant, and more recently as a Lecturer.
- Director of Undergraduate Studies
- Head of PG Tutoring
- Head of Personal Tutoring
- George Berkeley: especially Berkeley's account of sensation, and the role of God in Berkeley's philosophy.
- Descartes, Locke, Hume, Leibniz, Kant, Schopenhauer, Nietzsche
- The Philosophy of Humour: the essential nature of humour, the ethics of humour.
- PhD Philosophy (Berkeley on Object and Identity)
- MA Philosophy
- BA Philosophy
I deliver modules on the (early) Modern period of the History of Western Philosophy, focusing on figures such as Descartes, Locke, Berkeley, Hume, Kant, Schopenhauer and Nietzsche.
Research groups and institutes