Dr Simon Hewitt
- Programme Manager -BA PER/ TRS/ RPS
- Programme Manager - MA PRE
- Director - Centre for Philosophy of Religion
I am the author of Negative Theology and Philosophical Analysis (2020), which develops an apophatic philosophy of religion, that is a philosophy of religion which claims that there is a fundamental sense in which we do not know what God is. I am also the author of a short book on Christianity and Marxism (2020). I am currently working on the idea that Marx can be understood, in contemporary terms, as a philosopher of economics, and that thus understood he can inform current debates in the philosophy of economics.
I am interested in supervising PhD students working on any of my research interests.
For more details of my work, see my website.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://ahc.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- PhD (London), MA (London), MA (Oxford), BSc(Hons) Econ.
- Aristotelian Society
- British Society for the Philosophy of Religion
- Conference of Socialist Economists
- Association for Symbolic Logic
I am a fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
Research groups and institutes
- Centre for Philosophy of Religion and Theology