Dr Luke Brunning
- Position: Lecturer in Applied Ethics
- Areas of expertise: Philosophy of love, sex, and relationships; applied ethics; ethics; philosophy of emotion; moral psychology.
- Email: L.Brunning1@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: IDEA Centre
- Website: Researchgate | ORCID
I joined the University of Leeds as a Lecturer in Applied Ethics in 2022. Previously I was a Lecturer in Ethics at the University of Birmingham and a British Academy Post-Doctoral Researcher at the University of Oxford. My DPhil ‘Integration, Ambivalence, and Mental Conflict’ was supervised by Prof. Edward Harcourt and awarded by Oxford University in 2015. Before that, I studied for an MPhil and BA in philosophy at King’s College London.
At the moment my main research interests are romantic relationships, the emotions, applied ethics and moral life.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://ahc.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- DPhil Philosophy
- MPhil Philosophy
- BA Philosophy
Research groups and institutes
- Centre for Love, Sex, and Relationships