Dr Jack Woods
- Position: UAF in Mathematical Philosophy
- Areas of expertise: Logic; Philosophy of Logic; Metaethics; Philosophy of Language
- Email: J.Woods@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: P.46 Parkinson Building
I am University Academic Fellow in Mathematical Philosophy at the University of Leeds. I work in the philosophy of logic, language, and metaethics. I also have interests in ancient philosophy. My recent work has focused on a defense of a conventional approach to normativity, especially the normativity of logic (construing "logic" rather broadly...)
I taught previously at Bilkent University and did my graduate work at Princeton University under John Burgess. Before that, I studied at the University of Minnesota with William Hanson. And before that, I pulled taps and relocated miscreants here and here. I have an Erd?s number of 3 (Paul Erdös - Daniel Maudlin - John P. Burgess - Me).
You can find descriptions of working papers and links to publications here. My CV is here. My academic genealogy can be found here. Copies of the unpublished papers described on my research page can be obtained by emailing me at: j.woods [at] leeds.ac.uk or by snail mail at Jack Woods, School of PRHS, Michael Sadler building, University of Leeds, Woodhouse Lane, Leeds, LS2 9JT.
- Co-Director of the Centre for Metaphysics and Mind
Research groups and institutes
- Centre for Ethics and Metaethics
- Centre for Metaphysics and Mind