Professor Melanie Prideaux
- Position: Professor of Religious Studies
- Areas of expertise: Interfaith dialogue; Muslim-Christian relations; Religion and Public Life in the UK; Fieldwork in Religious Studies; Student Education
- Email: M.J.Prideaux@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 0461
- Location: G.21 Michael Sadler Building
- Pro Dean for Student Education, Faculty of Arts Humanities and Cultures
- Interfaith dialogue
- Muslim-Christian relations
- Religion and Public Life in the UK
- Fieldwork in Religious Studies
- Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
My recent teaching includes:
- Level 1: Religion in Modern Britain, Introduction to Academic Skills
- Level 2: TRS Students into Schools, Studying Religion in Context
- Level 3: Religious Mapping of Leeds
- M Level: Religion and Society Research Processes and Methods
In 2013, I received the Partnership Award in 2013. “…nominated for a number of awards by both staff and students, highlighting how instrumental she has been to the fostering of a positive partnership culture in the School.”
I received the University Student Education Fellowship 2013–2014, a recognition and reward for excellence in teaching and support for student learning.
In 2020, I received the Positive Impact Award 2020, which recognises the person who has made an exceptional difference to others’ experiences through an outstanding contribution to their school, faculty, department or service.
I am also Director of the Community Religions Project, which promotes and archives student research about religion in Leeds and beyond.
Research groups and institutes
- Centre for Religion and Public Life
- Theology and Religious Studies