I joined the University of Leeds in October 2020 as a PhD student, funded by an AHRC White Rose College of the Arts and Humanities (WRoCAH) scholarship. Prior to this, I completed my BA and MA degrees at the University of Exeter.
My current research focuses on purity culture in contemporary Christianity, and the impact this has had within UK evangelicalism. I am particularly interested in the intersections of culture, tradition, and the reception of the Bible in Christian discourse on purity.
My research interests are wide-ranging and interdisciplinary, including:
- Contemporary Christian thought and practice
- Influence of the Bible in culture and society
- Feminism and theology
- Gender, gender equality, and GBV
- Trauma, abuse, and mental health
- Disability theology
- Practical theology and sociology of religion
- Poverty, class, and political theology
- MA Theology and Religion (University of Exeter)
- BA Theology with Ancient History (University of Exeter)
Research groups and institutes
- Centre for Religion and Public Life