I am a 2nd year PhD student and researcher at the School of Philosophy, Religion and History of Science, having joined the ERC-funded project Group Thinking: New Foundations in September 2020. My current research is concerned with the ontology of epistemic and scientific groups, and the role and character of rationality in interpreting their collective attitudes. In my doctoral thesis, I aim to bring together different approaches to the analysis of epistemic groups from a socio-ontological, as well as from a traditional philosophy of science background.
Besides my current focus in social epistemology, I am interested in general questions in the philosophy of science, the philosophy of mathematics, and the integrated history and philosophy of these subjects. In particular, I am excited about the contemporary and historical debate around scientific realism, the role and character of scientific and mathematical thought experiments, as well as conceptual shifts and scientific progress.
Talks and Presentations:
- (2022) Research Presentation: “Uniqueness, Inflation and Self-Fulfilling Beliefs” Philosophy Seminar at the University of Leeds.
- (2021) Conference Presentation: "Epistemic Divergence and Time Slice Rationality." Conference for Young Analytic Philosophy (SOPhiA 2021) at the University of Salzburg.
- (2021) Conference Presentation: “The Independent Epistemic Agent Account of Group Justification” Social Ontology 2021 organized by the International Social Ontology Society (ISOS) at the University of California, San Diego.
- (2021) Research Presentation: “On the Relationship between Propositional and Doxastic Group Justification.” Philosophy Postgraduate Research Seminar at the University of Leeds.
- (2020) Research Presentation: “Becoming in Spacetime: The Metaphysics of Light Clocks and Proper Time in Special Relativity.“ Philosophy Postgraduate Research Seminar at the University of Leeds.
- (2020) Conference Presentation (postponed): “Playing the Game of Rationality: Language Games and Puzzle Solving in Epistemic Communities.” Symposium Philosophy of Play at the University of Zagreb.
- (2019) Conference Presentation: “Beyond Infinity: Dialethism and the Ontology of the Transfinite.” Conference for Young Analytic Philosophy (SOPhiA) at the University of Salzburg.
- (2019) MA-Research Presentation: “Paradoxes of the Infinite.” At the Interdisciplinary Colloquium "Wissen und Realität im Netzwerk von Vergangenheit, Gegenwart und Zukunft" at the University of Graz.
- philosophy of science
- social epistemology
- integrated history and philosophy of science
- MA Philosophy, University of Graz, 2020
- MA research certificate: History and Philosophy of Science, University of Graz 2020
- BA Philosophy, University of Graz, 2018