I joined the University of Leeds in 2019 to start my PhD which is fully funded by a School of PRHS scholarship. Previously, I completed my BA (Hons) and MRes degrees at the University of Sheffield. While at the University of Sheffield, I was awarded the Sheffield Postgraduate Scholarship for my MRes degree.
My project focuses on the cross-disciplinary use of Utopian Studies by Hebrew Bible scholars. I am interested in how the concept of utopia is used as a method for biblical interpretation. As such, my thesis examines Exodus 20–23 with a utopian hermeneutic, developed from the work of Fredric Jameson.
- Hebrew Bible
- Marxist interpretation
- Feminist interpretation
- Resistance and the Hebrew Bible
- MRes Interdisciplinary Biblical Studies
- BA (Hons) Philosophy and Religion
Research groups and institutes
- Theology and Religious Studies
- Centre for Religion and Public Life