MA Funding in the School of Philosophy, Religion and History of Science
The School of PRHS has several funding opportunities for taught Masters and MA by Research students for 2017-18 entry. Competition is open to UK and EU applicants, and to applicants from outside EU.
TAUGHT MASTERS FUNDING
- Up to two PRHS Taught Postgraduate Fee Scholarships – full UK/EU fees (partial fees at the UK/EU rate for international students).
- Up to one Mangoletsi Scholarship - full UK/EU fees (partial fees at the UK/EU rate for international students) for Philosophy MA, in the subject area of Theoretical Philosophy.
MA BY RESEARCH FUNDING
- Up to one Mangoletsi Scholarship - full UK/EU fees (partial fees at the UK/EU rate for international students) for research in the subject area of Theoretical Philosophy.
For Mangoletsi Scholarship, it is required that the research proposal (MA by Research) or a proposed Dissertation title (taught Masters) should establish the applicant’s intention to pursue a course of study in the subject area of Theoretical Philosophy (broadly construed).
There are various other funding opportunities for Masters students through funding schemes outside the School of PRHS. For full, regularly updated information on upcoming awards and deadlines, including application procedures, see the University of Leeds Postgraduate Scholarships site.
University of Leeds graduates may also be eligible for a 10% alumni bursary.
For more information about postgraduate study in Philosophy, Religion, and History of Science at Leeds see the postgraduate section of the PRHS website.
Correspondence regarding the application procedure may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions relating to the course structure and content of the taught Masters programmes should be directed to the relevant MA Director:
- Prof. John Divers (J.Divers@leeds.ac.uk) - MA Philosophy
- Prof. Steven French (email@example.com) - MA History and Philosophy of Science; MA Science, Technology and Medicine; and MA Philosophy of Science
- Dr Stefan Skrimshire (firstname.lastname@example.org) – MA Religion and Public Life; MA Religious Studies and Global Development; and MA Theology and Religious Studies
Those interested in applying for the MA by Research programme are advised to contact potential supervisors at an early stage. You should contact them by email, either directly or through the Director of Postgraduate Research Dr. Johanna Stiebert (email@example.com).
The closing date for all the scholarships listed above is 23:59 UK time on Monday 31st July 2017.