Dr Philip Kiszely
- Position: Lecturer in Performance and Cultural Histories
- Areas of expertise: Late 20th century cultural histories; film and television history; popular culture; popular music; performance and style.
- Email: P.Kiszely@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 6796
- Location: stage@leeds
I am Lecturer in Performance and Cultural Histories. I co-founded the Punk & Post-Punk international academic journal. Research interests include 20th century British cultural histories, film and television history, cultural heritage, performance & popular culture and popular music. I teach on a variety of cultural contexts and theory-based modules, all of which are informed by my current research. After graduating from the University of Manchester, I stayed there to hold a Temporary Lectureship in Screen Studies. In 2005, I came to the School of Performance and Cultural Industries as a Research Fellow in Drama, taking up the Lectureship in September 2009. My award-nominated monograph, Hollywood Through Private Eyes, was published in 2006.
<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://ahc.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- PHD in Film and Literature
- MA in Drama and Screen Studies (Distinction)
- BA in Drama (Hons) First Class
- Editorial Board member: The Anthem Television Studies series http://www.anthempress.com/
- Editorial Board member: Punk & Post-Punk https://www.intellectbooks.co.uk/journals/view-Journal,id=200/