- Email: email@example.com
- Thesis title: Prison Theatre, Prisoner-Citizenship and Civic Engagement: A Zimbabwean Participatory Theatre Project.
- Supervisor: Dr Aylwyn Walsh, Professor Jane Plastow
I am an Applied Theatre practitioner and researcher who has practiced and researched in the contexts of disability and prison. My previous work in South African prisons was concerned with how the practice of A/r/tography, as an opening for aesthetic exploration in Applied Prison Theatre, can offer opportunities for male prisoners to negotiate an alternative form of masculinity. I am now developing this work in Zimbabwe's prisons, looking at the extent to which Prison Theatre can build capacity for dialogic encounters and civic engagement in realising the citizenship of female prisoners.
My research interests include
- Indigenous research methodologies, ritual and aesthetics in Applied Theatre Practices
- Cultural criminology ie interrelationships between culture, crime and a specific form of criminology
- Perfomative Citzienship
- MA Applied Drama and Theatre Studies, 2016 (with distinction) University of Cape Town
- BA (Honors) Theatre Arts, 2013 (with distinction) University of Zimbabwe