I was awarded a collaborative PhD between the University of Leeds and East Street Arts. The PhD research will engage with the themes and aims of Guild, a four year project (2018–2022) led by East Street Arts and conducted with significant national and international partners, funded through Arts Council England’s National Portfolio. I am a 2023-2024 Leeds Arts and Humanities Research Fellow.
Guild is focused on developing sustainable artists’ spaces, and examining their value and impact on the national cultural landscape. Guild will support the growth of innovative operating models for artists and art spaces by providing learning programmes that are embedded within localities, and by working directly with decision- and policy-makers.
I collaborate with the nomadic curatorial organisation Vessel Art Project.
- Artist-run spaces and their impacts on the urban context
- Alternative business models for arts organisation
- The role of the audiences' active participation in managing arts organisations
- Sustainability and sustainable development
- Socially-engaged art practices
- Curating Contemporary Art
- MA Curating Contermporary Art (Royal College of Art)
- BA (Hons) Arts Management (London South Bank University)
- Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (AFHEA)
Research groups and institutes
- Audience, Engagement & Experience
- Centre for Cultural Policy