Professor Karen Burland co-edits and contributes to MUSICÆ SCIENTIÆ
Volume 26 Number 4 focuses on the theme of identity and music, co-edited by Dawn Bennett and Guadalupe López-Íñiguez.
This issue of MUSICÆ SCIENTIÆ features the following articles:
- Validation of the Musical Identity Measure: Exploring musical identity as a variable across multiple types of musicians – Karen Burland, Dawn Bennett and Guadalupe López-Íñiguez.
- Musical identities in action: Embodied, situation, and dynamic – Raymond Macdonald and Suvi Saarikallio.
- Understanding the musical identity and career thinking of postgraduate classical musical performance students – Guadalupe López-Íñiguez, Karen Burland and Dawn Bennett.
- Mapping the cultural elements that support and inhibit music teachers’ sociomusical identities in Chile – Rolando Angel-Alvarado, Guadalupe López-Íñiguez, Isabel Quiroga-Fuentes and Bayron Gárate-González.
- Identity processes and musicians during the COVID-19 pandemic – Glynis M Breakwell and Rusi Jaspal.
- Always liminal, always learning: Why community learning is needed, and how to start – Nic Beech.
MUSICÆ SCIENTIÆ (the Journal of the European Society for the Cognitive Sciences of Music) publishes peer-reviewed empirical, theoretical and critical articles directed at increasing the understanding of how music is perceived, represented and generated.