I completed an MA in Applied Linguistics and ELT at the University of East Anglia in 1998 with a thesis on Language Acquisition. I taught Portuguese and Spanish at the Languages for All department at the University of York from 1999 to 2012. In 2009 I joined the Spanish, Portuguese and Latin American Studies (SPLAS) department at the University of Leeds.
- Work and British Council Placements tutor for SPLAS
- reflective learning
- cognitive grammar
- process and post process writing approaches
- MA in Applied Linguistics and ELT
- Diploma in Spanish (Institute of Linguists – London)
- TROPO-UK – The Association of Researchers and Teachers of Portuguese Language in the UK
- ABIL – Association of British and Irish Lusitanists
My responsibilities involve:
- teaching and coordination of Portuguese language modules from beginners to advanced level
- creation and adaption of teaching materials
- creation of assessments and final exams
- marking and moderation of assessments and exams
- academic personal tutoring.
I also provide academic and pastoral support to students undertaking work and British Council placements during their year abroad, as well as being the point of contact between the University and employers.
Research groups and institutes
- The Camões Centre for Portuguese Language
- Language pedagogy