- Position: Lecturer
- Areas of expertise: Language Acquisition; Teaching and learning approaches
- Email: C.H.Mackle@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 8911
- Location: 232a Michael Sadler
I completed an MA in Applied Linguistics and ELT at the University of East Anglia in 1998 with a thesis on Language Acquisition. I taught Portuguese at the Languages for All department at the University of York from 1999 to 2012. In 2009 I joined the SPLAS department at the University of Leeds.
Reflective learning; Cognitive grammar; process writing approach.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://ahc.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- MA in Applied Linguistics and ELT
My responsibilities involve teaching and coordination of Portuguese Language modules from beginners to advanced level;creation and adaption of teaching materials, creation of assessments and final exams; personal tutoring.
Research groups and institutes
- The Camões Centre for Portuguese Language