- Position: Lecturer in English for Academic Purposes
- Areas of expertise: English Language Teaching; English for Academic Purposes
- Email: C.E.Macbean@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 1046
I have worked at the University of Leeds since 2013, teaching English for Academic Purposes and General English. I have taught across a range of programmes with students preparing for undergraduate and postgraduate study, including the International Foundation Year, the Language Centre’s summer pre-sessional courses, and the General English Programme. In 2016 I was involved in the development of the Language Centre’s more discipline-specific pre-sessional courses and currently co-lead the Language for Law summer course. I also currently work with taught postgraduate students in the School of English on their academic literacies and language as part of the Language Centre’s in-sessional provision.
- EAP Practitioner
- Module co-lead for the Language for Law Summer Pre-sessional
Academic writing development
The impact of discipline-specific insessional provision<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://ahc.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- PG Cert English Language Teaching and Professional Practice (Leeds Beckett University)
- Cambridge DELTA
- Cambridge CELTA
- BA (hons) English Literature
I teach English for Academic Purposes to postgraduate students as part of the Language Centre’s in-sessional provision (in the School of English), and also on their summer pre-sessional programmes.
Research groups and institutes
- Language Centre