- Position: Associate Professor
- Areas of expertise: Language teaching, learning and assessment; English for Academic Purposes; curriculum design and evaluation; students as partners; academic integrity; employability
- Email: C.Campbell@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 3570
- Location: 5.04 Michael Sadler
- Website: Twitter
I first worked at the University of Leeds between 1994 and 2000 teaching English for Academic Purposes and teaching students on the International Foundation Year. From 2008 until 2018 I was Director of Languages for All (LfA), responsible for the delivery of LfA discovery modules across the University. I was appointed as one of the first Discovery Theme Leaders from 2013 until 2016, responsible for developing the Language and Intercultural Understanding theme as part of the Leeds Curriculum transformation project. In 2017 I was awarded a LITE Teaching Enhancement Project, working with Dr Karen Llewellyn and three student partners, evaluating Broadening as part of the Leeds Curriculum. In 2020 I was awarded a LITE Fellowship to research academic integrity stategies, with Dr Lorna Waddington, School of History.
- LCS Assessment Lead
- MA (Hons) - French (Aberdeen)
- PGCE (Warwick)
- Diploma - Chartered Management Institute
- Senior Fellow, Advance HE
- Advance HE
- UK Association for Language Teaching and Assessment
My teaching focuses primarily on working with taught postgraduate students in the School of Design. I am also the School Assessment Lead - this role combines my leadership experience with my interest in developing our approaches to assessment, working closely with colleagues and students to enhance our processes and practices.