Dr Terry J. Bradford
- Position: Senior Lecturer (in French/Translation)
- Areas of expertise: French language; Translation; Interpreting; Innovative Teaching
- Email: T.J.Bradford@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 5419
- Location: 1.22 Michael Sadler
- Website: BRADFORD INTERCHANGE | LinkedIn | ORCID
After spending a year working in Belgium, I came to Leeds to study French & Spanish. After my degree, I completed my PhD, looking at the work of Raymond Jean.
I have taught at various institutions, including the British-Senegalese Institute in Dakar, and have returned to Leeds where I teach full-time.
My teaching has been honed down to translation (French/English) from level 1 to MA and interpreting at levels 2–3.
Whilst I no longer interpret, I continue to translate both professionally and for pleasure.
As well as developing innovative materials for the teaching of translation and interpreting, my research interests embrace literary translation (e.g. Boris Vian), the translation of song (e.g. Jacques Brel), and bande dessinée (e.g. Tintin).<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://ahc.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- 1993: BA (Hons) First Class: French & Spanish
- 1998: PhD
- 2010: Metropolitan Police Certificate (Interpreting & Translation)
- 2016: ULTRA Course (University of Leeds)
- NRPSI (2011-13)
- Fellow of the HEA (2017 - present)
I teach French language, translation, and interpreting.
I am personal tutor for around 30 students.
Research groups and institutes
- Centre for Translation Studies
- Centre for World Literatures