Dr Alessio Baldini
- Position: Lecturer in Italian Culture
- Areas of expertise: 19th-, 20th- and 21st-century Italian literature; literary theory; literature and ethics; literature and the mind.
- Email: A.Baldini@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 2925
- Location: 1.50 Michael Sadler
I graduated in Italian literature from the University of Siena (2003), where I later completed a MA (2008) and a Doctorate (2009) in Italian literature and literary theory. In 2010 I was awarded a postdoctoral fellowship at the University for Foreigners of Siena. In 2012, I was appointed Lecturer in Italian at the University of Leeds. In 2016, I became Lecturer in Italian Culture.
- LCS Senior Admissions Tutor
I am a specialist of post-Unification Italian literature and culture. My main research area is modern Italian literature, with a focus on literary theory (literature and ethics; literature and the mind) and comparative literature. I am also interested in modern Italian material culture (the 'Made in Italy', fashion, design, food and wine cultures).<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://ahc.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- PhD Italian Literature and Literary Theory
- MA Italian Literature and Literary Theory
- BA Italian Literature
- Society for Italian Studies
- Association for the Study of Modern Italy
- British Comparative Literature Association
My teaching focuses on Italian language, and modern Italian literature seen in its social and historical context. I also teach language for business and modern Italian material culture (the 'Made in Italy', fashion, design, food and wine cultures). And I contribute to cross-School teaching in world and comparative literature.
Research groups and institutes
- Cultural studies
- Centre for World Literatures
- Literary studies
- LivItaly: Bringing Italian Culture to Yorkshire