Dr Alba del Pozo García
- Position: Lecturer in Spanish Language
- Areas of expertise: Spanish language; language learning; CLIL; language assessment; language pedagogies; Spanish culture and literature; fin-de-siècle; 19th century literature; gender studies; cultural studies
- Email: A.delPozoGarcia@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: 2.40 Michael Sadler
- Website: Twitter | LinkedIn | ORCID
I received my PhD in Literary Theory and Comparative Literature by the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona. Before joining Leeds, I taught Spanish at the University of Nottingham and the University of Birmingham. I have also collaborated with the Instituto Cervantes in Leeds both as a language tutor and organising cultural activities. I am also the Journal Manager of the Language Scholar.
I am currently interested the scholarship surrounding teaching Spanish as a foreign language and language learning methodologies. Specifically, I have published works on peer oral assessment, CLIL (Content and Language Integrated Learning) and intercultural skills. My PhD focused on the relationship between sickness, gender and science in Spanish literature from the fin-de-siècle. I have also been part in projects of research projects focusing on female travel writing between Spain, Latin America and the US during the early 20th Century.
My latest publications on language teaching reflect my scholarship interests on CLIL, peer-collaboration and assessment:
Book chapter. (2022). Retos en torno a la integración de la lengua y el contenido: la incorporación de un MOOC sobre el mundo hispanohablante a un curso de lengua. In Soler Montes, Carlos; Díaz-Bravo, Rocío; Colomer i Domínguez, Vicens (Eds), Avances investigadores y pedagógicos sobre la enseñanza del español: aportes desde el contexto universitario británico (pp. 55–70). Research-publishing.net.
Special issue coordination. (2021). ¿Lengua o contenido? Retos interculturales en la enseñanza del español en las universidades del Reino Unido. Doblele Español Lengua Extranjera. vol. 7.
Book chapter. A. (2020). Raising awareness on assessment criteria through peer-assessment and self-reflection in the Spanish oral class. In A. Lallana, L. Hernández Martín & M. Fuertes Gutiérrez (Eds), Five years of ELEUK conferences: a selection of short papers from 2019 (pp. 79–88). Research-publishing.net.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://ahc.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- PhD Comparative Literature and Cultural Studies (Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona)
- MA in Literary Theory and Comparative Literature (Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona)
- Postgraduate Course in Teaching Spanish as a Foreign Language (Instituto Cervantes)
- PGCHE - Pedagogies and Didactics of Language and Literature (Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona)
- BA in Hispanic Studies (Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona)
- Fellow of HEA