- Position: Lecturer in Chinese Interpreting and Business Interpreting
- Areas of expertise: Conference interpreting; interpreting and translation studies; intercultural communications
- Email: L.Pan1@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 3488
- Location: 2.11 Parkinson
I am a Lecturer in Chinese Interpreting and Business Interpreting and the Programme Manager of MA interpreting programmes in the Centre of Translation Studies, School of Languages, Cultures and Societies at University of Leeds.
Prior to taking this position, I taught interpreting, translation and English in mainland China.
I have an MA in Business Interpreting and Chinese Interpreting and an MA in Translation.
In addition to my teaching career, I have been an experienced conference interpreter with a footprint in China, Britain, Switzerland, Denmark, America, Senegal and many other countries for over 10 years.
- Programme Manager, MA interpreting programmes
My research has focused on the assessment of interpreting quality, the management of EVS (ear-voice-span) in simultaneous interpreting, and the interpreters’ roles as mediators.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://ahc.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- MA in Business Interpreting and Chinese Interpreting
- MA in Translation
- BA in English
Interpreting Skills: Consecutive and Simultaneous;
Consecutive Interpreting: Chinese;
Simultaneous Interpreting: Chinese;
Retour Interpreting: Consecutive and Simultaneous;
Public Service Interpreting