Professor Caroline Rose
- Position: Professor of Sino-Japanese Relations
- Areas of expertise: China-Japan relations; Japan's foreign policy; Chinese/Japanese education policy.
- Email: C.Rose@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 3471
- Location: 4.06 Michael Sadler
I have worked in East Asian Studies at Leeds since 1996. My research and teaching interests include contemporary China-Japan relations; Japan's international relations; Chinese and Japanese citizenship education; the politics of history and memory in East Asia.
I have worked extensively on the 'history problem' in Sino-Japanese relations, with particular reference to textbook issues, the Yasukuni Shrine issues, the compensation movement, and the apology issue. I am currently working on a major study of history and citizenship education in China and Japan, and have embarked on a new project about trust and friendship in East Asia.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://ahc.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- PhD, Leeds
- BA (Hons) Modern Chinese Studies, Leeds
Japan in War and Peace
Japan's International Relations