- Position: Teaching Fellow
- Areas of expertise: English for Academic Purposes; Language for Arts and Humanities; Pronunciation teaching; Technology Enhanced Learning; Digital Learning
- Email: L.E.A.Richards@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 8122
- Location: Room 3.24 Parkinson Building
- Website: LinkedIn
I have worked at the University of Leeds since 2014, teaching and leading English for Academic Purposes (EAP) modules in the Language Centre and study skills on International Foundation Year. Currently, I lead the Language for Arts and Humanities summer presessional and Academic English for Postgraduate Studies Level 1 year-round modules. My research interests are pronunciation teaching and technology-enhanced learning (TEL) focussing on how shared feedback can be utilised to facilitate independent learning. I am involved in the development of digital learning strategies in both the Language Centre and wider faculty and have recently become a Microsoft Innovative Educator Expert (MIEE).
- Faculty Digital Education Academic Lead (AHC)
- Language Centre Digital Education Academic Lead (School Liaison)
- Module leader - Langauge for Arts and Humanities and AEPS Level 1
I am interested in the role of pronunciation teaching in EAP and also how digital resources can be used to enhancing teaching and learning in the language classroom.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://ahc.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- MA Linguistics and English Language Teaching
- Cambridge Diploma in English Language teaching to Adults
I teach a variety of presessonal modules from foundation to postgraduate level.
Research groups and institutes
- Language Centre